Monday, February 9, 2009

Inspiration











I am excited to say that I was a stylist for the first time to someone who asked for help! I have always gone shopping with friends but none of them ever asked me to help them find an outfit or put together a look. Last weekend was the first time I got asked and succeeded in finding two outfits for a friend who pulled them off with confidence. My friend asked me to help her shop for two outfits, she had just gotten her hair cut and colored and she was feeling like a new woman so I said 'OF COURSE!'. Shopping is what I'm best, well it's not the only thing I'm best at ;) but that's probably the number one thing I'm best at. So of we went in search of a new style. Now, I'm not a brand name shopper. Although I like a name brand every once in a while, preferably in purses because name brands usually last longer. I just don't get paying $200 for a shirt or a skirt that you can get at Target or Ross that looks exactly the same that costs way less. My point is, we didn't shop at a high end shop. We went to Forever 21, Wet Seal, etc. And we had a blast! It was so much fun giving advice and putting together outfits and having my 'client' (teehee) try them on and see how they looked and felt. I truly think I found my calling with this whole fashion thing. I get a high that I don't get with anything else, besides love, but that's a different high. This is a high that's mine! I don't have to share it with anyone although having that high makes me share my passion and therefore I'm doing both without even knowing it or caring. So stylist for a day was amazing! Can't wait to do it again!

I also wanted to write something I'd been thinking about. I asked myself the other day, why? Why do I like fashion and clothes so much? Why do I love looking through magazines and websites filled with fashion. It seems materialistic but I disagree. Alot of people think that being fashionable or stylish means you're dumb or only care about looks. Not true, my loves. For me, fashion is about expressing myself. I am a quiet person by nature. I don't talk alot, I'm not out-going. So clothes and accessories and shoes all express who I am. Which is why I resent people when they say fashion is stupid or doesn't matter. But it does. Whether we like to think so or not, everyone judges everyone on the way they look, at first. As soon as you walk into a room, people look at you and judge. It's natural but fashion can help with that. So, don't knock it until you try it and then get back to me. :)

1 comment:

Hello Loves