Fall is my favorite season for fashion. It's where all the rules are laid out for the rest of the year until next Fall. If you look on the shelves, you will find magazines as big as the Bible this time of year. And they kinda are bibles of fashion. I have so far been able to read Vogue and InStyle Fall magazines and it's taken me hours to get through them! So, I've decided to review and kind of summarize tips and trends that I think are worth knowing. It will take a few posts to do it so stay tuned!
Some September launches:
1. St. John jewelry Swarovski crystals, at SJK.com
2. Chanel's Karl Lagerfeld teams up with Macy's!!!
3. Mawi London teams up with Disney Couture for the Minnie Mawi collection, at Disneyshopping.com
4. Anna Sui's new collection for Hanky Panky's 25th anniversary, at Hankypanky.com
5. Monique Lhullier launches a line for Saks Fifth Ave.
6. Queen Latifa launches a line for HSN.
7. Jennifer Lopez has shoes, clothing and home decor now at Kohl's.
8. Dolce & Gabana has a new sunglasses line!
Thought those were some neat collaboration/launches/etc for this Fall. Something to look forward to for sure.
Some things InStyle is loving at the moment:
Big cuff sleeves
Cool patent & cork combo shoes
Soft leather jacket
The Boyfriend jean
The no-suit suit
Cross body bags
One more plus for this post from InStyle is Alexander Wang's tips for Fall 2011!
1. Focus on outerwear: Elevates a sporty silhouette like a puffer coat in quilted silk or a poncho that has a shirttail.
2. Be subversive or at least a little irreverent: A twist on the traditional, like wearing a plain pullover with a crazy killer shirt.
3. Rethink the shirt: Go for one that is longer and made in flowing chiffon with an unexpected detail like a high buttoned collar or a dickey bib. Think dressed up tuxedo shirt without the starch.
4. While you're at it, rethink pants: algam of tuxedo, track & ski pants. Also tailored pants with pockets to stick your hands in or satin stripes on the sides for polish.
5. Mix it up: Don't get stuck copying whats on the runways. Mix designers.
6. Go casual for evening. You don't have to buy sexy to look sexy. Surprise people by doing the unexpected. Wear a furry heeled sandal with a little black dress. Women have erogenous zones besides cleavage. Find yours.
Stay tuned for Part 2 of my summary/highlights from InStyle magazine Sept 2011.