Thursday, November 10, 2011

Oops missed a couple!

Ok, so I totally have not been keeping up with the Kardashians and doing this 30 day challenge. So, I'll just start where I left off...Day 3!

Day 3 is going to be about my views on drugs and alcohol. This is a good topic. Ok, so lets start with drugs. I've never tried drugs...I don't like the idea of them. I do have a system in my head of what I consider to be the worst and the not so worst. To me, anything you have to inject is scary. Which is every drug except marijuana...I think. Drugs just scare me. Honestly, they change who you are, they make you a slave to them and they can ultimately kill you. People use drugs to self medicate mainly. A trauma in life or things they can't deal with, they use drugs to suppress those feelings and the thoughts. It's scary now though, that even prescription drugs can be abused. I feel like drugs are a waste of time. They get you high for a moment and then you're down and you want more. They take over your life and make you so dependent on them, that's all you care about and you give up everything for them. Now, some people can take drugs and they don't affect them. That's all fine and dandy but it's still illegal and they are still drugs. I might offend some people I know but I'm not trying to, this is merely my opinion. I know people personally who do drugs and it's their choice. I'm not the police. I just don't think that drugs are a good thing. They are glorified in Hollywood as the cool thing to do but they aren't. In reality, they are dangerous and ruin lives.

Now on to alcohol. I am not going to lie, I drink. I drink to get drunk and I have fun doing it. But as I get older, I realize I can have fun without getting drunk and I'm soooo over the hangover the next morning. Drinking is more accepted in our society because it always has been. My view on it is mixed. I like getting drunk. I hate that it impairs your judgement and can kill you if you're not careful. Like drugs, alcohol is dangerous but I believe in small doses alcohol is okay. I think if someone needs a drink to take the edge off, it's fine. But when someone needs a couple of drinks to even start their day, then it's a problem. I don't know, it's a confusing subject to me because I like to drink but at the same time I know the dangers it poses and yet I still do it. I guess it's kind of like drugs except it's not illegal unless you are operating a vehicle and you aren't injecting it.

Well, those are my views on drugs and alcohol. Again, my opinion and not to be taken as a judgement on anyone who does drugs or alcohol. :)


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Loves