Friday, November 18, 2011

30 day challenge: day 4!



Day 4: Your views on religion.

These topics get more and more personal. My views on religion are complicated as is the subject. I was born and raised Catholic. I went to church every Sunday and was in Sunday school as well. I believe in God, a higher being, a higher power, etc. I don't think religions are so different, we all worship a higher being or power. The only difference is what we call that higher being. I believe we should all love and care about one another and I think if we all actually practiced that, the world would be much easier to live in. Religion, to me, is something that human beings created to give them hope in bad times. When people are helpless or sad or desperate, it's always comforting to know there is something out there bigger than yourself that you can confide in and trust. I don't think religion is a bad thing and I don't think it should be so seperated from state because like I said, we all believe in the same higher power, we just call them different names. I also think some religions can learn from  others and I think that everyone should have some kind of faith. Faith and hope is what gets people by in day to day life. I seem to take things from each religion I learn about. So, I would say I am Catholic, not a practicing Catholic anymore but I still have faith in a higher power than myself. I believe in Heaven, the afterlife, etc. I do think that our soul goes somewhere else when we die and that creates great comfort. No one wants to think when they die, that's it. I think whatever your religion is, it's all the same. Faith, hope, belief, peace and love is all we ever want. No matter who we ask if from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Loves