Saturday, November 28, 2009

Out of sight, out of mind

This is not a fashion post today. I have some things to get off my chest and since I've resolved not to say anything to the actual person due to awkwardness it may cause between our mutual friends.

Dear You Know Who You Are,

If you are wondering why I'm not exactly warm to you right now, I would like to remind you. You told me you would be there for me when I needed you after he left. You told me if I needed to talk or needed anything, to call you. Do you recall? Well, I needed you the other night. I needed you to tell me it would be ok and that everything was fine. Instead, you were cold and impatient. Instead, you told me to simply not worry about it. I don't think you quite understand what was going on, but how could you, it wasn't about you. I know him, I know that not hearing from him for hours was not normal. I knew that something was not right that night and I asked you for a simple favor and you couldn't do it. I was legitimately freaking out and you couldn't even lend a shoulder for me to cry on. Or should I say, you wouldn't do it. Not sure what was wrong with you that night nor do I care to be honest but all I know is when you give someone your word, you should probably stick to it, if you're a real friend. I've been there for you, when you wanted to talk about her and then the other her and then yourself. I was there when you wanted to talk, vent or get advice. I was there because I'm not fake, I'm real and when my friends need me, I'm there. If its not about you, you could care less and that night confirmed what I always suspected. So, this is just to let you know that I know you are his best friend and the last thing I want is for him to be awkward or have to choose between his friend and his girlfriend. I know who he will choose so I'm not going to put him through that. But I will let you know that I love him and I would do anything for him and he asked me not to speak to you about this so I'm not. I had to get it off my chest however, so that's what I'm doing. After this, I'm done talking about it, thinking about it, etc. Just know that you will never be what I call a friend unless you prove you can think about someone else other than yourself. So don't come to me when you need something because I'm going to give you the same respect you gave me. None.

-Shanette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Loves