Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Love, Shanette: One More Chance . . . Where has the time gone?

We are all given second chances, one way or another in our life. I'm the type of person to give second chances and keep giving. I rarely ask. But this time...I asked. I begged and pleaded. I wanted it so bad I could taste it. . . 5250 miles away. I knew it was the only way to keep my sanity. I've never wanted a second chance so much before. I was wrong, I'll admit it. That's why I needed a another chance. To prove I was wrong and I knew it. More like a 1000th chance but who's counting? This time I was really going to lose all I had. I bled my heart for this chance, I gave it my all...even though I may have looked crazy doing it. I know what I want and when I want it bad enough, I'll do whatever it takes. I am a very passionate person and sometimes it comes off as crazy or irrational but there is no price for a second chance. Not a million dollars could get you a REAL second chance. Especially when you know it's worth fighting for. I am also a hopeless romantic and I'm not cut out for certain things...but I try nonetheless. Needless to say, I got that 1001st chance. It's my last chance but it's a chance. A chance for happiness, love, a future, life, a chance to start new and get back what was lost. I'm at the end of my rope and I'm tying a knot and holding on for dear life. Things don't always happen the way we want them to but it's in our nature to want to come out of it in tact. Nobody wants to be broken.




So, to my second chance, thanks for coming around. Thanks for listening to me kick and cry and scream until you couldn't take it anymore. Thanks for believing what's in my heart. I know I've let you down before, second chance, but no more. You have my word, my heart and my love. I am grateful today and everyday forward that you chose to stick around one last time and let me prove to you what I know is meant to be. It will be a chance to remember, a chance of a lifetime and a chance we can tell the grandkids one day. Hope is not dead, I never thought it was. It's just hard to find sometimes. But, if you look harder and scream and cry and fight your way through, you will find it. Just don't lose it, because once you lose hope, its so hard to find. So, second chance, here's to you. Thank you from the bottom of my semi-broken heart and my bruised soul. Thank you for agreeing to help me heal and try again. You won't regret it.



-Love, Shanette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Loves