Sunday, October 17, 2010

Haus of Shay

I love vintage things. I love things with a history. Things that have been through life. So, naturally antique and vintage stores are my get-away from life. I've always loved the shabby chic look of houses and I will one day own a vintage house made in the 1920's preferably. I read that when times are tough, people tend to turn back to the nostalgic. I think it provides a sort of comfort for when things were stable and life was easy. I always feel as if I was born in the wrong time period. I fantasize of what it would be like to be born in the day and age when Kings and Queens ruled the world and when Native Americans had free range of the land. But, if we are going to be completely honest, I would like to live after the time of anesthesia. I don't do pain. I can't imagine if I needed a tooth pulled or something removed from my body...but I'm drifting. I have a keen eye for beautiful things that others wouldn't necessarily see by just looking at it. You have to have a sort of knack for finding things that look old and useless and make a use for them. Nowadays, alot of vintage things are used as decorations because their functionality is no longer valuable. To me, vintage pieces that are broken have character. Everything breaks eventually. How they broke is the interesting part. So, when I spends hours in antique malls, consignment stores and thrift markets, I'm letting my imagination run wild. It's hard for me because everything can be beautiful. I can find a use for an antique broken tile or a rusted key or a tattered scarf.

All that being said, I decided to indulge myself. I love fashion, I love jewelry and I love sharing these with others. So, I created Haus of Shay. Currently housed at Etsy.com, it's a mix up of vintage things I've either found in perfect condition with no alterations needed or broken and lost pieces that could be created to make new pieces. I love creating things and making things with my hands. I have become somewhat obsessed, seeking out other antique stores and malls to see what I can find and take home to create. Currently,
I have over 100 items on Etsy for immediate sale and probably an equal anount of items not yet ready for sale but almost finished. Everything, ready or not, can be found on my Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haus-of-Shay. Also, I've decided to share some pictures on my blog. So please take a look here, on Etsy and on my Facebook page for all items and for ways to purchase and for ways to communicate with me. I am open for all questions.

Stay classy and thanks for stopping by. XX

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Loves