Another from Cosmo, how to score a better mood in 9 seconds. SNIFF THIS!
If you want to feel,
- Sexed up: Cinnamon. It can shortcut your brain into recalling a hot and heavy moment.
- Calm: Apple or cucumber. They soothe your nerves and boost your confidence.
- Happy: Your guys' tee shirt. Mens' sweat can reduce tension in women, also called comfort smelling. Beats comfort eating sometimes.
- Social: A bouquet of flowers. Floral scents increase social interaction because they are associated with celebrations. So your brain automatically equates the smell to feeling connected to the world around you. Stop and smell the roses every once in a while.
- Brilliant: Rosemary. It can increase memory thanks to cognitive-boosting compound that is absorbed into your blood stream when you take a whiff.
- Optimistic: Sunblock. Smelling something associated with summer or vacations evokes pleasant memories of vacation.
Next time you need a pick me up, follow your nose! :P